Chris Brown, CCA
If you’re familiar with Burrus Seed, you might have picked up on a recurring theme – choice! We are excited to offer growers an even wider selection of choices across our corn product lineup for the 2020 planting season. Our multi-brand strategy allows us to provide an industry-leading selection of superior trait options to meet the varied needs of our customers.
Let’s first look at the traits available from Burrus providing multiple modes of action against corn rootworm and above ground insects. The following are all single bag, integrated refuge products.
- Optimum® AcreMax® Xtreme (AMXT) combines the protection of Herculex® XTRA, Agrisure® RW and YieldGard® CB. AMXT is resistant to glyphosate and glufosinate herbicide chemistries.
- Qrome® (Q) provides the same control and traits as AMXT, but through a unique molecular stack of the Herculex® I and Herculex® RW traits which makeup Herculex Xtra. This insertion technique allows trait compatibility with a wider range of germplasm, leading to more high yielding and agronomically sound hybrids in the future. It is also resistant to glyphosate and glufosinate herbicides.
- SmartStax® RIB Complete® (SS) combines the protection of Herculex XTRA and YieldGard® VT Triple PRO. It is resistant to both glyphosate and glufosinate herbicide chemistries. By introducing the SmartStax trait into our lineup, we can access more genetics to provide hybrids that best fit your farm.
- Agrisure Duracade® 5222 E-Z Refuge® (5222) provides protection of corn borer with the Agrisure Viptera®, Agrisure Duracade, Agrisure RW, Agrisure GT/CB/LL and Herculex 1 traits. It also provides herbicide resistance to glyphosate and glufosinate chemistries. The Agrisure Duracade trait is another form of Bt-based insect protection that binds to the insect stomach in a different way.
Burrus also has trait options for single bag, integrated refuge products providing multiple modes of action against above ground insects only.
- Optimum® AcreMax (AM) combines the protection of Herculex I Corn Borer and YieldGard CB. It also provides herbicide resistance to glyphosate and glufosinate chemistries.
- VT Double PRO® RIB Complete® (VT2P) allows us to access more diverse germplasm to provide a larger selection of choices for your farm. It is important to note VT2P provides tolerance to glyphosate but is not resistant to glufosinate herbicides.
With such a strong lineup of leading corn traits, we are excited to help you find the hybrids and insect protection packages to best fit each field for 2020.