Intern with Burrus Seed
There’s no better way to learn than through hands-on experience. Burrus Seed offers qualified interns a three-month paid program with real-world exposure to experts in the field. This unique opportunity will not only enhance your resume, but will allow you to expand your industry knowledge, technical and professional skills.
Qualified interns are enrolled full time and seeking a BS, MS or PhD degree in Ag or Business; have strong communication/ interpersonal skills and are adaptable to change, working with a team or independently; have a strong work ethic and a good driving record in order to operate vehicles in a safe and efficient manner; and are encouraged to learn more about Burrus by engaging with us via social media.
Intern applications are accepted all year through the form below. Positions for summer interns are interviewed and filled the fall prior to the summer of service. Contact us with any additional questions!
- Interaction with account managers and customers in the field on a daily basis
- Real-world exposure to research plots and our agronomy experts
- Enhance relationship skills by talking with customers on their farm while putting up signage, delivering seed and returning boxes/pallets
- Attend key Burrus selling events throughout the summer
- Gain behind the scenes knowledge of planning and planting research plots
- Hands-on experience with Burrus agronomists walking farms to identify weed and pest issues and discovering solutions
- Interact with Burrus production and sales teams as well as customers both on the farm and during Burrus key selling events